March 29, 2011

slipped

I was surrounded by darkness for a while. Pitch black. Could hardly see my fingers at all.
And then you: 5"7 tall, jet black hair with fringe covering one of your eyes, came along with a lamp in your hand. The little flame in it flickered akin to the glimpse of hope that had begun to ignite at the pit of my heart. Perhaps this is it. Maybe this is my chance to escape.

With the lamp in one hand and my hand in another, you guided me through the woods.
The orange flame was small but it was enough to light up the surroundings. For once in my life, I wasn't wandering. I could see where I was going. I knew where I wanted to go. 

All of a sudden, there was a gust of wind. The leaves rustled, my beige knee length skirt swayed and the flame....extinguished. Completely. The grip of your hands loosened. Tried to hold onto it, to you but eventually, you slipped away.

There I was standing in the middle of God-knows-where, entirely enveloped in darkness...again.